GIB EzyBrace Systems have been updated to offer improved design flexibility and further simplification.
The update includes:
• GIB EzyBrace 2016 Design Software: Improved user interface with simplified bracing design process, and includes the new GIB Bracing element GS2-NOM.
• New GIB Bracing Element GS2-NOM: Allows internal walls lined with GIB plasterboard on both sides and fastened off as per the standard fixing requirements of the current GIB Site Guide to contribute to bracing resistance.
Key benefits of the GS2-NOM bracing element include:
• Potential to reduce the amount of fasteners and GIB HandiBracs required to be used. *
• Encourages more even bracing distribution throughout the building.
• Allows most homes to be braced with a single lining type.
• Update to openings in bracing elements and ceiling diaphragms.
• Large holes specification updated to use a more conservative methodology.
• Guidance included for fireplace flues and range hoods.
Visit www.gib.co.nz/ezybrace to download the latest GIB EzyBrace design software, technical literature and CAD details, or call the GIB Helpline on
0800 100 442 for technical assistance.
* Actual savings dependent on building and bracing design.